Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I know, I know....

I know it has been a while since I've posted any updates to our blog. I wish I could say I had a good excuse - but about the only one I can come up with is... I've been on summer vacation! We have had a great summer and really enjoyed "our time together" - can't you feel the authenticity in my voice! We truly have enjoyed our summer and just being lazy. We finally took a beach trip with just our little 4-some, the kids have both learned to swim without their swimmies, Rutland is potty-trained (most days) and in a big boy bed (sniff sniff), and Caroline will be 4 on Sunday! I feel like everyone at our house is growing up too fast now and I'm already having panic attacks about Sissy starting Kindergarten (in 2 years, but not that far off!). Anyway, I plan on doing a better job of keeping my blog updated, but don't quote me on it :) Here's a quick catch up of some of our summer - I was also really bad about taking my camera on our trips!


Big boy pants! So proud!! 
Potty Training a boy is definitely different than a girl. Not saying easier or harder - just different!

Showing me his muscles! Not sure why that involves balling up??

Caroline's ballet recital - she actually danced this year, instead of the "deer in headlights" we got last year. So proud of her!

And she got those yellow flowers she picked out at Publix a good month before the recital.

Daddy survived another recital too...


Beach trip with our cousins, Ella & Gray
 (baby Allyn was too little to ride in the boat this year, but will be ready to go next year!)

This is how Rutland spent the majority of his time on the beach - screaming, running, and screaming some more! He loved to run from the waves.


Again, showing me his muscles!

Thames family beach trip pic

Sweet Siblings :)

What a little charmer!

Rutland's other favorite thing to do on the beach was "watch the girls". He was literally spellbound by any teenage girls he saw on the beach or at the pool. He wouldn't talk to them, but he would just stare. This could be a positive or a negative, depending on how you look at it. Ask me in 10 years...

Love us some Woody & Buzz!

The next Clint Eastwood!

This is actually how we spent most of our summer - snuggled up on the couch in the mornings :) 
And that is just fine by me!



No comments: