Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Engaged!

My sister and her boyfriend, Christian, got engaged this weekend! We are so excited and so proud of them. It was a total surprise, which she loved, and he picked out a GORGEOUS ring all by himself! After the proposal, which happened at a family friend's house that overlooks the city on Vestavia Drive, he arranged to have our whole family, including grandparents and his family waiting at a restaurant to surprise Ashley. Of course she tried to call my parents and grandparents, and no one answered except me. I played dumb and surprised, and told her my parents were at a movie (of course she bought it). She was so disappointed that she didn't get to share the big announcement with everyone, until they got to the restaurant and we were all there! It was a great night and we can't wait to start planning a wedding!! Here are some pictures of the engagement dinner...

This is Ashley calling me right after he proposed, telling me the good news. She thinks I am in Montgomery at my parents' house. My mother is listening in...
This is when Ashley first realized we were not all in Montgomery, but surprising her in B'ham
Christian and his mom, Laurie
The happy couple...
Ashley first seeing the Father of the Bride
We got Ashley some essentials she would need for planning the wedding...
The bling...gorgeous!!

The restaurant had a congratulations printed on the menu that night.



No comments: