Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pink is for Boys??

I have a confession to make - we have/are recycling MANY of Caroline's pink baby items (toys, cups, towels, a paci one time, any anything else I find that I just don't want to spend money on to replace). It just seems silly to spend money on something that is in perfectly good shape just so it can be "blue". Rutland certainly doesn't mind, but that is sort of why I think we may have to start changing the rule around here. I don't want to be responsible for some major therapy for gender confusion down the road. He really loves her pink cadillac walker my grandmother gave her. And the worst is the grocery cart cover that was Caroline's and has precious pink polka dots all over it. It's so sad when people in the grocery store look at Rutland and want to immediately say, "Aw, she's so cute", but they know deep down he looks nothing like a girl, especially when he's wearing blue (which he almost always is - he's definitely not in pink clothing - even I think that's going WAY too far). They have the most confused looks on their faces and I immediately explain the situation, which is then followed by relief on their part. Sorry buddy, we all know you are "Little Big Man" (his nickname at school)!

See how happy he is!


He does wear blue - no confusion on the clothing.Too precious not to share (and the pj's are blue)

No comments: