Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ballet shoes and tutus

My friend Jennifer thought it would be super fun to have the girls take ballet class this fall. We both took as children and loved it, plus we are always looking for an activity for the kids. We finally found a teacher that would take our precious little 2 year olds, who I'm sure have minimal attention spans and will probably just run around the room the whole time. Anyway, bless this lady's heart, she does have a 2-3 year old class and has taken on Caroline, Tate, and Campbell. Our first class is Sept. 17th, so off we go to get some leotards, tutus, and ballet shoes. I have really been talking up ballet class and Caroline does know about the "rini shoes" and that "rini's walk around on tip toes ("rini" of course stands for ballerina). When we get to the store, she goes right for the shoes. She is running around screaming because she is so excited. The sweet girl who helped us put some of those little panty hose footies on her, which really threw her off. She kept asking "What that mommy?" like a broken record. We got the shoes on, and she loved them. The girl mistakenly tried to just put the one shoe on her, but Caroline had to have both shoes on, which I don't blame her - I would want to try on both as well. She ran around the store again screaming while I tried to find a leotard with a built in skirt (we were advised not to have anything that detaches from the leotard so the kids won't play with it during class). I pull a few leotards that I think might fit Caroline's "brickhouse body", put Rutland on the floor with a set of keys to chew on, and tie Caroline down long enough to get her shirt off. Well, like most things in her life right now, she wants to do it herself. So I give in, turn around to get the leotard, and the next thing I know, Caroline has stripped down to her birthday suit and is running around the store in just the ballet shoes, and yes, the pantyhose footies. I know Applause dance store wishes we came in more often. I finally tackle her when she lapped back around and got the leotard on. She looked in the mirror and said, "Mommy, my body beautiful in my leotard!". Needless to say we wore it all home, tags, pantyhose footies, shoes, and all. And Rutland never made a peep, sweet boy. Here are some pictures of Ca-kine's rini outfit when we got home.

Rutland likes the rini skirt too! Caroline said, "No, no, no, buddy. No pull on Ca-kine's rini skirt!"

No comments: