Monday, August 17, 2009

Potty, Potty, All the Time!

Caroline is now obsessed with all things potty. Ever since she started potty training a few months ago, I feel like our world revolves around it now. It's been about 2 1/2 months since we said bye bye to diapers and it's been a sometimes bumpy road. She still has accidents when she doesn't want to stop playing or stop watching a movie/tv to go to the potty, but for the most part, she can go on command and if you keep reminding her throughout the day, she'll let you know when it's time. She has a major love/hate relationship with #2 on the potty. I won't go there for obvious reasons. Anyway, she constantly tells me all about her baby dolls potty habits and she can even tell when they have to poo poo. The other day she said to me while I was feeding Rutland and paying minimal attention to what she was doing, "Mommy, baby Jesus has to poo poo!" Needless to say, that caught my attention since it's not every day you think about Jesus' bodily functions. I looked down and she had this little stuffed manger scene the magic elf gave her for Christmas last year, and had little baby Jesus out inspecting him. She had found some dirt on him and logically come to the conclusion that it was poo. So, being the sweet little girl that she is, she changed his diaper and got him all clean! It was too cute for words. A few days later, I went to her bathroom to get some tissue for Rutland's nose and low and behold, there was a baby doll laid out across the potty. I called her in there and asked her what happened, and of course she informed me that the baby had to tee tee. Duh, mommy. She even pulled the dolly's pants down. I'm holding out as long as possible for the baby doll that does actually go potty. That is just disturbing, although I'm pretty sure I had one as a little girl. Oh my...

No comments: