Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Birthing 101

Oh my goodness! My sweet little Caroline is watching Milo and Otis (stars a pug, which we also have at home - Bella) for the 55th time since Christmas and there is a scene where the pug dog has puppies and for some unknown reason, they show the puppies coming out of the mommy - literally. I guess she's never noticed it, but today she did - big time. I was in the kitchen and heard her say "Oh, no mommy. What happened??" She was talking so fast like when she gets really excited and the words get all jumbled up and she's out of breath. It was like she couldn't get it out fast enough AND she really didn't know what she was trying to describe. So, I came into the den, saw what part of the movie was playing and figured out what she was trying to say. She proceeded to tell me, "Mommy, dat puppy dog came out of the mommy's hiney!! Oh no!! Oh no!! She need to go back in the hiney!! What happened?" I played dumb and acted like I didn't understand her, so I just said "yeah, uh hu". Then our pug, Bella, saved the day by jumping up and grabbing the hot dog off her plate, which sent her into another rant "oh no, Bella got my hot dog! Come back!" And off she went chasing after the dog and her hot dog. I've never loved Bella so much. Good girl!! I'm not ready to tackle the birds and the bees with a 2 year old, so I guess I'll have to be a little more observant during Milo and Otis next time. Whew, close one!!

No comments: